Welcome to the My Expert People (MXP) introductory user guide for Experts. The aim of this guide is to show you how to start using the My Expert People system.
Our main objectives from the guide:
Setup your profile
Add your clients
Build your network of trusted sources
Send candidates to your clients
Start making money
What is MXP?
My Expert People (MXP) is a social recruitment platform. It enables you to manage the introduction of candidates to clients, earning you placement fees.
You can also invite your professional network onto the site. This empowers you to share roles and candidates; and split placement fees. We call this peer to peer recruitment.
What you can do using MXP:
1) Join a trusted network
2) Create roles
3) Find your candidates
4) Track a candidate’s interview progress
5) Earn placement fees
On MXP there are four types of users:
Well-connected professionals with specific industry experience, who know employers and want to earn large finder’s fees.
Well-connected professionals who know good quality candidates and want to earn significant finder’s fees. These can be your friends, family or colleagues – as long as you think they can help you find candidates. You will share a part of the placement fee with your trusted source if they recommend a candidate that you put forward for a role.
Talented people known by Experts (you) or Trusted Sources who are serious about securing a new job.
Employers who know the value of personal recommendations from contacts in their own industry. They would rather source people this way instead of using recruitment agencies. This can be a friend, colleague or acquaintance – where you can influence the hiring decision.
Step 1 – Click login on the top right hand site of the marketing site.
Step 2 – This will take you to the login screen.
Step 3 – Insert your email and password. If you can’t remember what these are please use the Contact Us page.
Step 4 – You have logged in. You can now see your MXP dashboard – the hub of all your activity. This is where you can see an overview of all your network activity and access other areas of the site.
What is on your Dashboard?
On this page you can:
a) Edit your profile
b) Update password and account settings
c) Access clients, network, candidate, and role pages
d) Invite trusted sources
e) Invite candidates
f) Access support
g) View network activity
h) View outstanding notifications
i) View and send messages
j) View dashboard overview of network
On the dashboard you will see three different coloured squares – one green, one blue and one orange.
- Green is an overview of the ‘number of candidates’ in your network
- Blue is an overview of the number of ‘active roles’ you have at the moment
- Orange is an overview of the number of ‘contacts in your network’
You can click on the squares to quickly navigate to the relevant pages.
These will appear when a part of the candidate placement process is waiting for you to make an action. For example, if an expert has shared a role with you.
This week’s network activity
Here you'll find a list of updates about your network. All notification will include a time stamp. These messages could include:
- A new candidate has accepted your invite to register
- Your candidate has accepted an opportunity
- You have a new association with a member of the MXP community
- Someone has requested that you become his or her trusted source (you can have more than one Expert)
- You can click on the image of the person within the notification to be taken to their profile page or any of the highlighted names
Using the MXP Mail messaging system
The MXP Mail system is integrated between the MXP site and members associated email providers. All messages will be copied to the users email inbox.
For help with the messaging system please click here
First thing to do...
Create your profile
Let’s start by populating your profile and updating your account settings.
Step 1 – on the dashboard click on the 'human icon' to navigate to your profile page.
Step 2 – You will see a square drop down panel. In the drop-down you can:
a) View your profile picture (currently not uploaded)
b) Click on your name to view your profile page
c) See your display name
e) Edit your profile
f) Edit general settings (including passwords)
Please start by:
a) Clicking ‘Edit profile’.
b) Uploading a picture if you have one – click browse and find the folder your images are saved in. Select the images and click open to upload.
c) Your first name, surname and telephone number should already be on the page. Please check your details here and update if needed.
d) Please select your location.
e) Please enter your personal and business address details, which we will use for business administration (invoicing and payments).
f) The network biography is an important aspect of your profile. This is the description that everyone will see on MXP. Please consider the information you place here, if you need any tips or help please contact (insert hyperlink). Please make sure you do not leave this blank.
g) Please select up to three industries that you have experience in or that you would like associated with your profile. This will be used by Trusted Sources and other users to assess your suitability for their roles.
h) Please press submit to save the changes to your profile. Congratulations! Your profile is complete.
The next step in your MXP journey is to add your client(s) information to the system and start creating roles.
In the top navigation bar you can see > Dashboard (current page) > Network> Roles> Candidates > Clients. Please click on the ‘Clients’ page.
The client page is where you can access all of your clients, once you have added them. Clients are your contacts who you can place your candidates with.
The table that you can see on this page will present your clients using the information below. If you can see a category highlighted in blue, you can click this to sort your clients.
The filter on the right hand side allows you to filter your clients by industry and the skills sought.
To get started, please click ‘Create new client’, under actions, on the right hand side. You will now see a form like the profile page you edited earlier. It follows the same format.
Please remember to add the correct email address for your client. This email address is used by MXP to send your candidate profiles to your clients.
Please complete the following fields:
- First name
- Profile image – this could be the company logo for quick reference
- Telephone number
- Company name – this will be used to invoice, so please make sure you put the correct information here
- Business address details – please complete these to the best of your knowledge
- Summary – please use this to include any useful information that will help you find candidates. This could be background info, number of staff, etc.
- Industries – this is what the client specialises in (for example; Aerospace/Financial PR)
- Typical Skills sought (PHP/Project management, etc.)
- Press ‘Save’ to create the client profile. You can go back and edit this at any time.
Reviewing clients and adding notes
Once you have saved your client details, the information will be available on the main client overview page. If you want to update these at any time, please follow the instructions below.
- Click on the name of the client you have just added to navigate to their profile page.
- On this page you can see the client details.
- The 'Roles' tab is where all the roles associated with this client are.
- The 'Notes' tab you can use to save notes against the client (the client will not have access to any of these pages).
- You have the ability to create new roles and edit the client profile on the right-hand side.
Status – You will now have a completed profile, created your first client and be ready to create a role. Please make sure you are on the ‘roles’ page. You will need to have added your clients before adding roles.
It is imperative that you have agreed the placement fee percentage with your client before creating a role.
Create a role
We are going to create the first role for your new client. To do this, follow the simple steps below:
- On the right hand side click ‘create new role’
- You will be taken to a form to complete
- The first question – which of your clients has told you about the role?
- Please choose the relevant client from the drop down menu (this will be populated with only your clients)
- Please insert ‘Role’ name
- Enter a description
- Client job specification – please upload any details that you have – in word format or PDF. The client spec will be then downloadable by your candidates and trusted sources, once you have shared the role with them.
- Estimate salary in numbers – letters like K (50k) are not allowed
- Placement fee percentage – please outline the percentage of starting salary that the client has agreed with you for payment of any placed candidates.
- Estimated start date
- What industries does the role belong to (for example Aerospace)
- Typical skills sought (organisation, sales etc.)
- Accept new opportunities (if the role has been filled or currently under review)
- Click ‘save’
- If you would like to add another role please repeat the steps above.
! Status you will be taken to the role overview page.
Review the role
If you want to review your roles please follow the instructions below:
- Please click on the role you created – it should be highlighted in blue at the top
- You will be taken to the role overview page
- On this page you will see:
- Role summary on the left hand side
- Actions outlined on the right hand side – ‘Edit the role details’, ‘Download role specification’ and ‘Cancel this role’
- On the right hand side you can see the title ‘Candidates’. This is an overview of any candidates you have submitted to the role. You can also share the roles with any candidates in your network by clicking the ‘Recommend candidates’ button.
- Below candidates is the title ‘Trusted Sources’, which highlights any Trusted Sources you are sharing the role with. You can also share the role with any Trusted Sources in your network by clicking the ‘Share role’ button.
You can also see 4 tabs – Details, Opportunities, Activity and Notes. Below is an overview of these. You can read this now, or skip to add a candidate.
Currently you are on the Details tab of the review role page. On this tab you can see:
- Description of the role
- Commission calculator – for you only
- Commission calculator – working out the split between you and a Trusted Source
- Skill required for the role
- Related industries
The opportunities tab is where you can manage candidate applications for the role. It will give you an overview of the name of candidate, stage of the interview process and status of application.
You will first need to send the role to a candidate before having full functionality on this page. Steps to adding candidates will come later on in this guide.
- Click on the candidates name to navigate to the candidates page
- The view opportunity button will take you to a new page
- On this page you will see an overview of the role, candidate and opportunity details
- This is a summary of all details that you have collated, and will be sent to the client for review
- This is an archived list of all of the activity related to this role.
- Notes can be saved here.
! Status – You will now have a completed profile, created your first client, made a role and be ready to start sending the details to your candidates. First we need to add candidates to your network.
Adding a candidate. What we are going to do now is invite a candidate via email to register their profile on the system.
Important – please do not use your candidates work email address. Please check which email address to use.
Let’s get going…
- First click on the ‘Candidates’ at the top of the page
- Click ‘Invite a new candidate’ on the right hand side under ‘Actions’
- Populate the form with first name, surname, email and a brief message about why you would like them to register as your candidate
- You can add a note for yourself if needed and send a copy of the invitation to your email address
- Click ‘Save’
- Please repeat these steps to add more candidates
- Candidates will not show up on this page until they have registered
- Your candidate will be emailed with a unique registration link and you will be notified once they register
Next steps – After your candidate has registered
- You will see a notification on your dashboard currently on the activity screen.
- You can click on the name of your candidate – highlighted in blue, to be taken to their profile page.
- From here you can review their information – please message the candidates if you would like them to change/expand on the information they have provided.
- The candidate will need to login and edit their profile to add information like salary expectation and location.
- On this page you can also see:
- Overview of details
- Any opportunities that you have put them forward for
- Your candidates recent activity
- Any notes you have created about the candidate
- To submit your candidate for a role – please click ‘Recommend for a role’ under 'opportunities' on the right hand side.
Submitting candidates for roles
- After clicking ‘Recommend for a role’ you will be taken to a list of all of your active roles.
- You can filter and sort on this page to find the role you are looking for.
- What you need to do here is click ‘select’ under 'actions' for the relevant role.
- Send the candidate a message about the role and next steps.
- Press ‘Submit’.
- You will see a pop up showing that you have created an opportunity.
- An opportunity is when you combine a candidate and a role. The pop-up details the role and the candidate.
- Click 'OK' to be updated.
- You are now back at the opportunity review panel.
After your candidate has accepted the role
! Status – You have now sent the opportunity to the candidate. The candidate has reviewed the opportunity and, in this scenario, has accepted the opportunity. Please find the next steps below:
- You will receive a notification on your dashboard saying that your candidate has accepted the opportunity.
- Next, please click on the ‘View opportunity’ link to take you through to the opportunity page.
- On this page you will be able to view all of the opportunity details.
- Please review the details and, if you are happy, please click the 'Send to Client’ button.
- You will see a box confirming that the opportunity has been sent to your client.
Tip! Make sure the candidate has updated salary expectations.
After your candidate rejects a role
- You will be notified that the candidate has rejected the opportunity
- The status of the opportunity will change
- Feedback should be provided
What your client sees
- Your client will be notified that you sent them a candidate
- Your client will have a unique link to view the candidate details
- The client has the ability to reject or accept the candidate
- Feedback should be provided – please ask your client for this and pass it on to your candidate
If the client rejects the candidate
- You will be notified
- View the opportunity page – navigate to the correct 'opportunity' to view
- You will see that the client has rejected the candidate. You can either invite other candidates, invite a trusted source to help you find candidates, or close the role
- Feedback should be provided – please ask your client for this and pass it onto your candidate
If the client accepts the candidate
- You will receive an email and a notification on your MXP Dashboard.
- In the dashboard notification, click on 'View the opportunity'.
- Under 'Actions' please click ‘Proceed to interview stage’.
NB: As you are the point of contact between the client and the candidate, you should contact them both at this point to arrange a suitable interview date.
- After clicking ‘proceed to interview stage’, your candidate will be updated
- Organise the interview offline – contact your client and candidate
- If the interview is successful, please go back to the overview page
- Click ‘Confirm placement’
- Confirm start
- The interview process happens offline – please follow these instructions
Building up your network.
To get more out of the MXP system you need to start adding people to build up your network.
Thank you for reading
We hope you found that useful. If you have any more questions you can get in touch via the contact us page.
To go to the other Quick Start Guides click the button below.